Hi, you lover of tea and infusions! Today, we're taking you on a trip to Mexico, without moving from your kitchen. Get ready to discover Agua de Jamaica, a deliciously refreshing drink made from hibiscus flowers .
You'll love it and, good news, for the month of June, our online store is offering an organic hibiscus flower infusion so you can prepare your homemade Agua de Jamaica!
What is Agua de Jamaica?
Agua de Jamaica (pronounced "ra-mai-ka") is a very popular traditional Mexican drink , often served in "taquerias" (taco restaurants). It is prepared from an infusion of dried hibiscus flowers, which gives it a deep red color and a slightly tart taste. This drink is often consumed cold, making it a great option for cooling off on hot summer days.
How to prepare Agua de Jamaica at home?
To prepare your Agua de Jamaica, you only need a few ingredients:
- 1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers (available on our online store for the month of June)
- 1/2 cup sugar (or adjust to taste)
- 5 cups of water
And here are the steps:
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Once the water is boiling, add the dried hibiscus flowers and turn off the heat.
- Leave to infuse for about 20 minutes.
- Strain the infusion to remove the flowers and return the liquid to the saucepan.
- Add the sugar and a cup of water, then heat again until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Leave to cool, then put in the fridge. Serve chilled, with ice cubes if desired. A little wedge of lemon as a garnish? Why not !
There you go, your Agua de Jamaica is ready to be tasted!
Agua de Jamaica is a delicious and refreshing drink for the summer. It is easy to prepare at home , especially if you have a quality hibiscus flower infusion. So, don't wait any longer, go to our online store to order your organic hibiscus infusion and let yourself be transported to the heart of Mexico. See you soon for new taste adventures!