Hello, tea lovers! Summer is here and with it, the heat. So what better way to cool off than a delicious homemade ice cream? But not just any... A tea water ice cream! Yes, it is possible and it is incredibly refreshing. Plus, it's super easy to make at home. We show you how.
The ingredients you will need
To make this tea popsicle, you will need the following ingredients:
- 5 heaping teaspoons of your favorite loose tea or infusion (discover our iced teas of the moment which are ideal and made with organic ingredients)
- 500ml hot water
- 2 teaspoons sugar (adjust to your preference)
- the juice of half a lemon
- Fresh fruit cut into pieces (peach, mango, strawberry, your choice depending on the tea chosen)
Preparing the tea popsicle
- Start by steeping the loose leaf tea in hot water . Remember, each tea has its own temperature and optimal steeping time. For green tea , we recommend a temperature of 80°C and an infusion of 2 to 3 minutes and for black teas / infusions, a temperature of 100°C for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sugar to your still hot tea and stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Let your tea cool, then add the lemon juice. This will give an extra touch of freshness to your ice cream.
- Pour the mixture into ice cream molds and place them in the freezer. It will take about 4 hours for your ice cream to be solid.
- And There you go ! All you have to do is enjoy your tea popsicle, in the shade of a tree or by the pool.
Simple and refreshing
Tea Popsicle is a delicious way to enjoy your favorite teas during the summer. It's a simple recipe, refreshing and infinitely adaptable depending on the teas you like. Don't wait any longer, go to our Swiss online store to get the cold tea with organic ingredients that will give your ice cream this unique flavor. See you soon for new refreshing and theinated adventures!